We are excited that you have chosen Civic Center Pediatrics for your child's medical care. Your comfort and convenience are our priority, and we strive to make every visit to our office a positive experience. To help you get acquainted with our office and first visit procedures, we have included helpful information on this page.
- Scheduling an Appointment: To help us provide you with enough time to see the physician, please have the following information ready, when you call to make an appointment:
2. Name of your insurance carrier
3. Reasons for visit (e.g. illness/problem/physical, etc)
Appointments for urgent problems are available daily for established patients.
- Your Appointment: New patients, please arrive 30 min before your scheduled appointment time to complete the paper work. You can also download the new patient forms here. Established patients are advised to come 10 minutes before the appointment to update patient information. PLEASE BRING YOUR INSURANCE CARD TO YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- Co-Pays: You are expected to pay your office co-pay at the time of check-in.
- Late Arrival: If you are an established patient and you arrive 10 minutes late or more to your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule, unless the physician’s schedule can still accommodate you. Priority will be given to the patients who arrive on time. One or two late patients cause the entire daily schedule to fall behind. This is an inconvenience to everyone. We strive to see every patient as close to their appointment time as possible. If you have 2 sibling appointments and you are late, you will also be asked to reschedule.
Likewise if you are a new patient, and you arrive at the scheduled appointment time, and not early to complete your forms as instructed, and it takes more than 30 minutes to complete the forms and the registration process, you may also be asked to reschedule.
- Missed Appointment or "NO-SHOW" Policy: While we make every effort to provide a reminder call before your appointment, it is your responsibility to remember your appointment. We charge a $25 missed appointment fee to patients who do not keep their scheduled appointment time, or who cancel less than 24 hours in advance. If this should happen more than twice, a $55 charge will be incurred for the third incident. All fees must be paid before a new appointment can be scheduled. After three (3) missed appointments, the practice may at its discretion choose to discontinue your care.
- Form Completion: From time to time, you may have forms that need to be completed by your physician (physical forms, immunization records, medical clearances, etc). When possible, we ask that you provide us with 48 hours to complete the forms.
- Insurance and Billing: All patients will be responsible for any fees or co-pays incurred at the time of service. You may be responsible for charges not covered or authorized by your insurance. Our office participates with many insurance plans. If you have questions as to whether we participate with a specific insurance, please ask our billing department. Should you have any questions regarding filing claim forms,
- Referral Requests: Many insurance plans require you to have a referral and authorization from your primary care provider to see a specialist outside of our office. We recommend that you become familiar with your health plan’s specific policy. We require 24 hours notice to process these requests and check eligibility with your insurance carrier.
- Prescription Refill Policy: If you require a refill on your medication, please request this from your phamacy, who will then fax over a refill authorization to the office. If approved by our doctors, we will authorize the pharmacy to dispense the medication.